The Department of Social Relations has been playing a key role at the East West University since its establishment on June 1, 2005. With more than fourteen members of academic staff, it has a strong research base, with interests spanning a wide area of theoretical and applied issues.
The Department has a reputation for high quality teaching and personal attention to students. Faculty members in the Department are committed to the interdisciplinary ethos and culture. The specific objectives of the Department of Social Sciences are to:
• Develop in each student an understanding of the principles that influence human societies
• Help students develop analytical and critical thinking skills
• Guide students in doing social research
• Promote interdisciplinary and cross-disciplinary forms of instruction
• Empower students to function in a diverse, global society The Department of Social Sciences provides an environment that fosters creativity, individuality and scholarship. It endeavors to promote an appreciation for and understanding of the events, ideas, and forces that shape the world.